Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sick Day #1

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Not too much to report. I stayed in most of the day. About noon I ran out with Leah to get soup at PrĂȘt A Manger, and then we worked on planning our Peter Pan tour of London with Tristan. For our final project for our London class, we have to lead walking tours of some aspect of London. Lauren Deitz, Leah, Tristan, and I are leading a Peter Pan/ J.M. Barrie tour of London. We’re going to visit his house on the Strand, the Duke of York’s Theatre (where the play was first produced), the Great Ormond Street Hospital (to which Barrie left the copyright of Peter Pan), the Davis’ house in Notting Hill (the family who inspired Peter Pan), and the Peter Pan statue in Kensington Gardens.
I had a ticket to see The Merry Wives of Windsor at the Globe, but I figured standing in the rain for three hours would be detrimental to my already questionable health, so I didn’t go. I sort of regret it, because I did really want to see the play, and also because Chad and Lauren Deitz came back raving about how Andy Circus (the guy who played Gollum in the Lord of the Rings movies) had been standing right behind them! I think I made the right decision, though. I needed a day to rest. I definitely still feel sick, but not as if I’m on death’s door, like I was feeling yesterday.
Chad, Leah, and I went to get Indian food for dinner around 6pm, hoping the spices would clear up our sinuses. Hopefully, if I keep taking LemSip and drinking 3000 mg of vitamin C, I’ll be over this cold in the next few days.

No comments: